08:15: meet at the piano in Amsterdam CS
08:37: Take the train to Meppel (change at Zwolle)
10:04: arrival in Meppel
(optional: rent a bike in Meppel; see below)
From Meppel we bike via Barlo to the small village of Belt-Schutsloot. Stop over at the small supermarket (limited choice!).
In the village we will rent canoes (3 people/ canoe, ca. 6 Euros/ person). Canoeing through the village and surroundings: ca. 3.5h total (three shortcut options) with three optional stops. We will have lunch at one of the stops if possible. Return of canoes.
ca. 16:00: Coffee/snack at a Café in Belt-Schutsloot.
Biking back to Meppel via Sint Jansklooster (optional stop at visitor center with short walking trail) and Westereinde. Total biking distance ca. 25-30 km.
ca. 20:00: Train back to Amsterdam.
In case of a bad weather forecast the trip will be cancelled. Confirmation approx. 48h before departure.
* Biking will be on bike paths or roads with moderate traffic.
* If you bring your own bike on the train you have to buy an extra bike ticket (ca. 6.90 Euro).
* You can also rent a bike in Meppel: Fietspoint Wolbers: 3-gear bike with theft insurance: 8.50 Euro/ day: Tel. 0522254369. Bring your ID! It is recommended to reserve bikes in advance. Please arrange with the bike shop beforehand that you can return the bike after hours (shop closes at 17:00).
* For the canoeing you must be able to swim! On the canoes valuables will be stored in watertight plastic bins.
* Bring your own food, drinks, sunblocker, sunglasses, hat, insect repellent, swim wear etc.
* During the entire trip you are responsible for your own safety and health!